Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Going Greek


Just wanted to put in a good word about a new restaurant I went to this evening - Zavo's, the greek place across from the Family Wash. This space used to be a sketchy biker bar, but they have cleaned it all up and put in sleek modern decor. I have heard good things about this place and they were recommended in the Scene awhile back, and heck, it is like, a mile away. Mari-etta and I went and shared the Mediterranean platter, kafeteres, and a salad. The platter came with warm "pita" bread - actually a flat bread with more oil than your normal pita - but all the better to sop up the hummus, babaganoush, tzatiki, feta, and olives. The kafteres (or something like that) were banana peppers filled with melted goat cheese - spicy and different! And the salad was tomatoes, shallots, cucumber, feta, and olives, a perfect accompaniment to the other tastes. To finish - baklava, and a big piece too. Not to cloyingly sweet, nice and nutty. Yum!

Reasonably priced, and they have a special every day. The only downside is that there is no wine, but I did enjoy a Fat Tire and they do have all the Yazoos. Four stars (Ben, make that 4.25). We'll be back for sure :)

1 comment:

  1. man, you guys have been doing the blog. Glad you reminded me, Dru. You and Ben make a good team.

    I love the pizzas at City House, and now you have emboldened me to try something a little outside of my comfort range.

    I'm really glad that you liked Zavo's. It's become one of our families favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete